Kat''s Nature

Kat's Nature Is To Be Creative - I Love Paint and Stuff

Monday, April 21, 2014

Folks That Like Hooters...will enjoy this post

Wwhooooooo
else is amazed by owls and birds ?

Spring is such a great time
 to photograph, observe, listen, and enjoy them all

lately I have been finishing up an order of owls 
for a gift shop
Here is my progress so far
 Nothing completely finished just yet...
but soon

 a swirl in the paints and matte gel medium
 I just use my finger to lay on some colors and texture
every owl turns out a little differently


I use reclaimed  birch or poplar wood 
for the owls and the back board
with some real preserved bark for added effect
which is a bit
 folk artsy I suppose
let me know what you think

start is always with a basic cut out of owls on wood







 -Kat-

joining in with:
Inspire Me Monday (IMM)
Paint Party Friday  (PPF)
What's on Your Work-desk Wednesday  (WOYWW)
see the links to these great groups below:
Mix It Monthly

19 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Well I love them!! How many do you make at a time? I would find it hard to keep doing it even if they turned out different, no stamina LOL. Happy WOYWW, Cindy #56

Claire said...

Love the owl and the bark just adds another dimension!
Happy WOYWW :)
no. 2

Chrysalis said...

They're beautiful, Kat. Have a great week, Chris WOYWW 19 xx

TexWisGirl said...

so very cute! i'm hearing them around here more again. :)

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love your work, the owl is gorgeous.
Have a great week, Angela x 48

Valerie-Jael said...

Your owl is beautiful, love the glowing colours and texture. I love to listen to the owls here, too. Valerie

denthe said...

Your owls are looking great! Love the addition of the real bark.

Giggles said...

This post was such a hoot!! I LOVE your owl....stunning!! Happy ppf!

Hugs Giggles

Linda Kunsman said...

Your owls are wonderful!! I love the birch you added and the colors are great. Happy PPF and weekend!

DVArtist said...

OMGoshhhh Kat this is fabulous. You can only get that wonderful texture with you finger painting. I absolutely love this especially the addition of the bark. My kind of art for sure.
Have a nice weekend
Nicole/Beadwright

Carol Rigby said...

I love birds and your owls are so cute.

Renee Dowling said...

I love owls, and I love your owls too! The texture is fabulous and the painting with your fingers is remarkable! Thanks for sharing! Hoo hoo hoohoohoohoohoo!

Create With Joy said...

Whooo's got talent? You do Kat!

Congats - you are one of our featured guests at this week's Inspire Me Monday party at Create With Joy!

Look forward to seeing what you have to share with us this week! :-)

Irene Rafael said...

Ok, I absolutely love your charming owls, Kat! So clever, so much fun. Thanks for showing your process of creating them too. Looks like you had fun.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful work you show here! I looove the first photo, with all its cuteness and colors!! Thank you so much for sharing the Link of Mix It Monthly ♥ Conny

Nancy B said...

Oh thank goodness, I thought you were talking about Hooter's restaurants at first. I love those cute little owls! They are adorable.

Rika said...

These are all beautiful!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

These are so clever and sweet, that I'm not surprised you were featured at Inspire Me Monday. Blessings!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

These turned out very neat...love it when you put your art into wood pieces! I still have my cute little bluebird on display! Happy Spring!