Kat''s Nature

Kat's Nature Is To Be Creative - I Love Paint and Stuff

Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Blue Jay Day

Today is Wednesday and I have a couple more days and nights to finish up making art work for the open house at the "Studios on Main". I hope lots of people come out to it. I may have cookies and hot cocoa! (That's definitely a bribe ) This morning I finished up painting the Tree shelving unit that I "Made" You would gasp in horror if you watched me making it. But it is just a display shelf to hold birds at my studio boutique/ kiosk . It doesn't have a nail or screw in it! I used handy dandy liquid nails and caulk. The Blue Jays are almost done...just finished painting those . but I still have to stain and varnish them and put them on stands. I want to finish one more painting also...I took some cool photos of a tree in m y backyard that still has leaves on it. so those photos will be my inspiration. Ill post the photos and when I get it done the painting based on them. December Art show at the studios also so if it turns out half way decent I may enter the art show with the tree painting. Busy time of year and I hope it won't slip by me too damn fast...Basketball starting for youngest son, art shows , scout camp-outs, Thanksgiving and Drew coming home for that. Then Christmas shopping madness...I hope I can remember to stop and smell the evergreens!...lick the candy-canes, bake some cookies, eat some cookies, and sing some carols everywhere I go.

No comments: