Kat''s Nature

Kat's Nature Is To Be Creative - I Love Paint and Stuff

Monday, December 26, 2011

Cookie Making - Fruit and Nut


These chewy things
are my favorite Holiday time Cookie

Christmas or Thanksgiving or New Years

  I  make these little jewels







candied cherries and pineapple with a squeeze of lemon to brighten it up




parchment paper is very handy, I think
... so I always use it to bake on



ingredients 
1 cup brown sugar
two sticks of margarine (1/2 lb)
four lrg eggs
three cups flour all purpose
three teaspoon of baking soda
two tea of cinnamon (or more)
one teaspoon of nutmeg (or more)

FRUIT :
two cups of dates
two cups of candied red and green cherries
two cup candied pineapple
one cup yellow raisins
one cup currents
six cups of nuts such as pecan or walnuts or brazil nuts
3-5 tablespoons of apricot brandy or rum (if you like )

I like to chop up all the fruit and nuts and
cover them in a cup of the flour.
  add the spices and rum (or apricot brandy)

In another bowl :
cream the margarine, sugar
  then add eggs and vanilla
gradually add the flour mixture and fruit
to the sugar /egg mixture
and combine them well
drop by teaspoon onto the cookie sheet
and bake at 300 for 15 to 20 minutes
they will be soft and moist and chewy.

hope you like !






I Hope that in The New Year
we all enjoy

more peace
more love and tolerance 
 Basically...More sweetness

- KAT -
linking into :




 

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yikes! baby fruitcakes!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

More sweetness...I like that! Happy holidays my friend! ♥♥♥

Terriea Kwong said...

I'm drooling. This month size bite looks healthy with fruits and nuts. Wanna to have a good soon.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Those do look yummy!

Dee

Denise Mulligan said...

Yummy, I'll try making them for New Year's Eve. Yes and to add sweetness to the world.

Thank you for always commenting on my blog. I do love seeing you're little face in my comment box.

I also can't stop looking at your palette knife tree painting. It is just stunning.

NanaDiana said...

Kind of like fruitcake in bite size~ Now...soak them with rum..and...!;>) Cute cookie idea! xo Diana

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh my gosh, Kat! Now this is a recipe for ME! Thank you so much for sharing!

I hope your Christmas was beautiful! We are looking forward to a fabulous 2012... May yours be blessed with good, fine things!

Love, Rebecca

Lilac & Lavender said...

They certainly are beautiful, although I can't have anything with tree nuts around my hubby as he is severely allergic (we spent New Year's a few years ago in the ER because of a cookie!) Best wishes for a Happy New Year!!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

These look like little tiny fruitcakes! I like your closing words of wisdom...especially the tolerance part. Happy New Year Kat!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

Kat,
We call these fruitcake cookies! My sister-in-law always makes these. I have been eating them for the past two weeks, and they are my favorite. Glad to see that you are enjoying the SC towel! Hehe! Happy New Year!

Six Sisters said...

So delicious and I think healthy!! :) Thanks for linking up to "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We would love to have you come back next Saturday and share more recipes. -The Sisters