Kat''s Nature

Kat's Nature Is To Be Creative - I Love Paint and Stuff

Thursday, September 16, 2010

hanging in there....

Yes ! Yes! YYYessssss! I still have a chance to have a good result from this art show. I got up the guts to call the Loveland historical art society and ask about the standings. A very nice lady, Monica, called me back and told me I am in the show! No one knows who placed or got any award. She told me that a couple of university profs are the judges. I like that already! College art profs are my kinda weird folk! I will accept any judging they give out. I am actually just overjoyed to have two paintings actually hanging on their wall over there and going to be eyed by many people over the next couple of weekends. I did put a price on them so they could possibly be bought by anyone who wants to have them. But if that happens I'll want to go out and get smashed and kiss everyone I see. Wish my dad could come to the showing. But Ill take photos so I can know this is really happening to me. Im so happy right now and I really haven't achieved anything much. Thank you to the friends and family who have bolstered my spirits through this and allowed me to have some exciting times. I have been working on a painting for my little sister Marie. She asked me to make something up (an art piece) and some how include the Serenity Prayer into it.. So I had a few ideas and we landed on the trees and cardinal (Mom loved that bird) and the frame will have the prayer somehow (haven't decided how to do that yet) inscribed on it. Is turning out very nice. I think she will enjoy it. I do have to work on the frame idea now... here is a few shots of the painting as it stands today...

No comments: