Kat''s Nature

Kat's Nature Is To Be Creative - I Love Paint and Stuff

Friday, June 3, 2011

flowers and birds





Flowers are on my mind lately and so are all the birds around here.

I have combined the two
and made  a few little watercolor paintings
Fanciful dainty flowers
&
  little birds standing on top

To start, I used some old boards
 I have "Boo-Koos" of around here.
 I painted several layers 
and finished off with a cream color
mounting boards

nails for the corners of the painted paper

my watercolor paints

penciled in a few floral drawings

The paper gets wet and
  I paint the little yellow daisy type flowers

raw watercolored flowers




spotted this robin
while the paper was drying

paper  is still drying
so here's another bird in my
backyard birch tree feeing on seeds



This painting is finished off with a blue colored bird with
wire legs and he is doweled and glued on top




Here they are sunning themselves together

they are only about 5 by 6 inches


I hope you like my flowers pictures and the cute little birds

KAT
Griffin


UndertheTableandDreaming

linked in to the post at





15 comments:

Jen said...

Love them!

TexWisGirl said...

that is really sweet! love the little birdies added.

Ann said...

You are so talented. I love the little birdie on top!

Samantha said...

Oh love these!!!

Emily said...

These are so cute, very creative with the adorable bird on top!

I am a new follower! Hope you'll stop by and visit me!

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Beautiful and cute paintings:)

Unknown said...

thank you all for your kind words..I don't really great any of that around here much so I am smiling and feeling loved when I read my comments and it is so so wonderful to read nice comments! Have a great Sunday!
KAT

Screaming Sardine said...

Wow, those are beautiful watercolors. Love the cute little birdies standing on top. Great touch!

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Donna said...

Oh how cute! Very pretty watercolor flowers and I love the little birds on top.

Brandi said...

Beautiful paintings, you are so talented.

Daniella said...

Lovely art and a fabulous tutorial!
xxDaniella

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Love your art work...I always especially like water colors.

Kelly said...

Your creativity never ceases to amaze me!


Kelly

Lorrie said...

Lorrie @ The Victorian Rabbit said....I'am so impressed. I love your style. Your designs would be beautiful on Fabric. Oh the things we could create with something so pretty.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Kat your art work is so pretty! Totally love the display frames - such a creative idea and they look great! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party. I am a little behind commenting - but I have featured this last week. Hope you are having a wonderful week ~ Stephanie Lynn