Kat''s Nature

Kat's Nature Is To Be Creative - I Love Paint and Stuff

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Hen Named "Gertrude"


I was reading blogs one day
 and checking out various interesting links
 and then I clicked on "Vintage Gal"'s Blog

and she has some interesting posts and photos
She also is lucky to have some  baby chicks at her place now

 but really this post of mine is all about a pretty black and white hen
 I spotted right there in Marianne's blog's header.


I just LOVE that photo !
The  STRIKING black and white hen
The old fashioned kitchen
I want that kitchen
 I want that apron
I want the friend who comes over in her hat and coat and eats my baked goods
well...
that may be going too far
Any who...
 I wanted to paint it
and put it up in my kitchen
( I'm thinking about re-doing my kitchen someday)
 I am always on the look out for new, interesting ideas for decor.
  I love the cozy laid back cottage feel
 that chicks bring to the kitchen.
and I do love fresh eggs...
 but I don't think I will ever have my own brood of chicks
 here in Loveland Ohio
but it would be fun  (sort of)
If it weren't so much work.
I think Marianne is so nice to let me paint her hen
 in my own watercoloring freestyle
remember... I'm just a beginner at this watercoloring stuff
I do enjoy it.
So here is my way of doing a  watercolor of her header hen
She says it is called a
"Gertrude"
How cute is that name 

Gert the hen in pencil


My paint on a paper plate

My watercolors
 tubes of paint that I used
to paint the "Gert"


Gert is a very good poser

so here she is
A Beauty of a hen

Finished Painting




Maybe this will be Gerts boyfriend
Is  this a male ?
 Looks like it to me
I feel like a poultry expert now
But I very well could be wrong about this..
.

3 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that is cute!

Jen said...

Love your painting and I want that kitchen with the green walls and red shelves!

Unknown said...

Hi there! I love Gert!!! She is a very good poser and YOU are a very good artist! So glad to meet you! thanks for linking up to farmgirl Friday and for following! I look forward to more of your " nature inspired art!
Deb