Kat''s Nature

Kat's Nature Is To Be Creative - I Love Paint and Stuff

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Paint

Yea
 I went to my friendly

 Hobby Lobby today

Look what I started !



a very large oil painting
with water soluble OIL  paint

this is just the start
   for a friend for Christmas !
I'm having  so much fun !



Drying time is hastened even more
 with my box fan
I cant wait to paint in the birch trees next
 and add more colors
don't worry
It WILL be dry enough for Christmas giving !
 Oh... and Update on my puppy dog
Bandit
his hair is (kinda) growing back in
he is still not used to having no hair
...or very little
so thanks to the groomer
Poor Bandit is cold 
 I often find him 
on the rocking chair curled all up 
to get comfy
on these chilly mornings in Ohio

Hugs to everyone
Holly Jolly ! ...Holly Jolly !

- KAT -
Photobucket

13 comments:

The Charm of Home said...

Very nice painting!
Sherry

TexWisGirl said...

poor baby!!!

will look forward to your lovely birch trees!

Carol said...

Poor puppy!!!! Painting looks great so far....can't wait to see the finished piece :0)

Jen said...

Large--that's exciting! How do you like the water soluble oils? Your poor pup...I'm glad his fur is growing back.

Anonymous said...

what a sweet heart, she looks so sad.
I love where this painting is going,, beautiful. I love love love birch trees
Thankyou for visitng tonight,

NanaDiana said...

Nice painting! I have never tried the water soluble oil paint. Does it flow from the brush like regular oil paint...or is it closer to acrylic?

Look at that pooor cold baby~ xo Diana

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for your visit. It allowed me to find your blog. What a wonderful talent God has given you. Your work is beautiful.

I'm becoming a follower.

Christmas blessings,
Kathy

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Kat! Nice to "meet" you. Your painting looks amazing already... what a great thing to have talent for art. Keep up the good work!

Heart n Soul said...

How clever are you !! :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of the beautiful blues and greens! You are so creative! ♥♥♥

Unknown said...

Oh, I've been wanting to try water soluble oils! Is this your first time using them? Do you like/love them? (like I need another medium to play with!)

And Bandit is just too cute! Hope Santa brings him a snugglie :D

Betty Jo said...

That's going to be gorgeous. Can't wait to see it finished. Your friend will be overjoyed with the gift.

Denise Mulligan said...

Hey Kat,

Your poor puppy needs a sweeter he's so sweet looking. Maybe a blankie.

Your friend will love that painting, it's looking gorgeous!