Kat''s Nature

Kat's Nature Is To Be Creative - I Love Paint and Stuff

Monday, November 22, 2010

Art to Wear (sale/show/benefit) at the Art Studios on Main

I enjoyed myself Thursday night at the Loveland Artist Studios on Main last week. Seemed to me there was a good amount of people buying items and bidding on the few silent auction items. The food and drinks were enjoyed by everyone. Wine or cider served by a very nice guy with a voice you just wouldn't believe. I could've listened to him talk all night...and he DID talk all night. Very good conversationalist with many, many funny stories. I wondered once if he was a singer or a radio announcer,.. that is the type of voice he had. He would be a great bass in a barbershop quartet, I would think. But, I didn't have the guts or enough wine to go up to him and actually ask him what he did for a living. I did not sell a single bird, (I did buy a "Heavens to Betsy" original messenger bag) but I was mainly there to take in what the "Art to Wear" event was. Since I am a new face around there, not many people except the other artists really know me a little bit now. The fiber art gals that work and play down the stairs in their very interesting and cozy, yarn filled work shop, were the first to welcome me. I met Gun-Marie (Swedish) first, and she offered me a coffee one morning. I have to say I am awed at their beautiful fiber art, rug hooking, punch needle, felting... and more. I love Teresa's felted Santa. He is on a decorative pillow and also a felt-sculpture of him riding a little bike and also a Big Harley! Wonderful stuff. The jewelry was overflowing there. Outside vendors were invited in and there was so much original and unique jewelry ..It was so hard to choose what to photograph much less purchase! I loved it all. Linda Gilcher had the most beautiful stuff and so original..She has a talent for designing beads for her jewelery making and stained glass that her hubby, Jon constructs flawlessly. Quite the talented couple. I am looking forward to December as it approaches swiftly now. Art open house the second Saturday will be fun event. and the annual Loveland Christmas walk night with carriage rides to bring people right to the doorstep of the studios. Food, music, drinks and maybe a sale! Who Knows maybe two sales for me Ho-Ho-Ho Well I better go start the cat portrait Ive been commissioned to do for a Christmas present! It is for a very special mom.

No comments: